Seeking Legal Help from CAIR-Houston
The Council on American-Islamic Relations-Houston (CAIR-Houston) works to protect and extend all civil liberties guaranteed by the Bill of Rights and the U.S. Constitution for all Americans. We represent individuals who have experienced religious discrimination or have been targeted because of their race and/or religion.
Below are the types of cases we consider for individual representation:
- Freedom of Religion: The right to be free from government interference with your decision to practice any religion, or no religion at all. We also work to limit government-sponsored religious activity
- Equal Protection: The right to be free from illegal discrimination by the government or a private employer. For example, a government agency refuses to hire a Muslim women
- Due Process: The right to a fair procedure to challenge the government inclusion on a watchlist
- Freedom from Government Misconduct: For example, government agents may target individual or refuse to assist individuals because of their religion. If any government agent (police, FBI, etc) wants to question you, please contact us for assistance.
- Freedom of Speech: For example, a dean suspends a student for writing an article that endorses Islam.
- Victims of Hate Crimes
If you, or anyone you know have been a victim of a civil rights violation, please complete and submit the form below or contact us by email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 713-838-2247.
Please provide as many details as possible You will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours of your report.